Ch99. The Sales Yearling
Purchase Examination of a Thoroughbred Sales Yearling in North America
- Reid CF: Radiographs and the purchase examination in the horse, Vet Clin North Am Large Anim Pract 2: 151, 1980. PUBMED Abstract
- Teigland MB: Medical examination of horses at auction sales, Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract 8: 413, 1992. PUBMED Abstract
- Ellis DR: Examinations at horse sales (Thoroughbreds). In Mabry T, ed: The prepurchase examination, Newmarket, 1998, Equine Veterinary Journal.
- Hardy JA, Marcoux M, Breton L: Clinical relevance of radiographic findings in proximal sesamoid bones of two-year-old Standardbreds in their first year of race training, J Am Vet Med Assoc 198: 2089, 1991. PUBMED Abstract
- Kane AJ, Park RD, McIlwraith CW, et al: Radiographic changes in Thoroughbred yearlings. Part 1: Prevalence at the time of the yearling sales, Equine Vet J 35: 354, 2003. PUBMED Abstract
- Kane AJ, McIlwraith CW, Park RD, et al: Radiographic changes in Thoroughbred yearlings. Part 2: Associations with racing performance, Equine Vet J 35: 366, 2003. PUBMED Abstract
- Park RD: Optimal views for evaluating Thoroughbred yearlings: quality control of the radiographic image, Proc Am Assoc Equine Pract 46: 357, 2000.
- Hance SR, Morehead JP: Radiographing Thoroughbred yearlings for the repository, Proc Am Assoc Equine Pract 46: 359, 2000.
- Marks D: Conformation and soundness, Proc Am Assoc Equine Pract 46: 39, 2000.
- Becht JB, Park RD: A review of selected normal radiographic variations of the equine fetlock, carpus, tarsus and stifle, Proc Am Assoc Equine Pract 46: 362, 2000.
- Martin BB: The pre-purchase examination and radiography in Thoroughbred yearlings. Proceeding of the Forty-Sixth Annual Meeting of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons, Chicago, 1998.
- Maloney JW: Personal communication, 1976.
- Freeman WC: Personal communication, 1993.
- Bonnie ES: The legal aspects of pre-purchase examinations, Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract 8: 273, 1992. PUBMED Abstract
- Reef VB: Personal communication, 1998.
- Stashak TS: The relationship between conformation and lameness. In Stashak TS, ed: Adams’ lameness in horses, ed 4, Philadelphia, 1987, Lea & Febiger.